Social media can give you the opportunity to improve your brand identity, reach new customers, and communicate with potential customers. Using these platforms in the right way, however, takes experience.
The Importance of Social Media for Web Traffic
- Social media posts can be used to drive targeted traffic. Launching a new product or service on your website is great but how are you going to tell the world about it? I mean without attention your new product or service will cost you in the long run. That’s where a well-placed social media posts can make all the difference. We’ve seen a single post on Facebook drive over 10,000+ visitors in one weekend and posts to Twitter and LinkedIn can take a product or service page that was consistently earning a handful of visitors a day and increase it exponentially to hundreds or even thousands of FREE Organic visitors. Who wouldn’t want to capitalize on that
- Using social media for business boosts your site’s SEO. Search engine crawlers know which pages are consistently earning traffic and which are just floating out there, forgotten and ignored. A killer content strategy for SEO is the most important part of earning top spots in search engine rankings, but driving traffic to your optimized pages will cause them to climb much faster in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- If you’re doing it right, social media will lead to real relationship building. Part of what makes things like Twitter and Instagram marketing great is the interaction with your customer base. This would be a great resource for Market Research. What products are they buying and why? What are they doing on the weekend? What kind of posts do they love to share, and from what websites? This information is priceless and just a few years ago, would take a large firm and thousands of dollars to acheieve.
- Having a quick return on investment (ROI). Many marketing strategies require big budgets that small and medium businesses simply cannot afford. If you want to air a commercial on television, prepare to reach deep into your pockets. Generating FREE and Paid traffic on Social Media is quickly become the “go to” place for businesses of all sizes.
Social media, however, has an extremely low cost of entry that makes it easy for you to get a quick return on your investment. It’s completely free to set up accounts with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and most other sites. Once you have your profiles established, you will need to spend some money making your posts more visible to people who might want to follow your business. The expense, however, is remarkably low, even compared to the amount you would spend on a radio ad.
Of course, there’s a lot more to social media marketing than just setting up an account. You also need someone to manage your accounts so you can interact with potential customers, update your business’s information, and take advantage of marketing tools.
“Since we started using Facebook, both FREE and Paid Advertising, we’ve seen a huge increase in our business. The best part is that it is trackable. We know exactly what our ROI is each month from our efforts.” – The Hamms, Small Business Owners
The Importance of Social Media Marketing for Brand Image
- You can respond to problems immediately. If there’s a problem with your product or service, you want to know about it right away. With the feedback you get in the process of social media marketing, you’ll be the first to know when there are issues – and you can take steps to resolve them right away. Study after study has shown that consumers appreciate companies that respond to customer complaints (and don’t hesitate to rant online to anyone who will listen when companies don’t take the time to make things right).
- A strong social media presence builds brand loyalty. A report published by Texas Tech University found that brands with active social media profiles have more loyal customers. It’s easy to imagine why: when you’re engaging and interacting on social media (not just tossing your posts out onto the web hoping someone will stumble upon them) you become less like a corporation and more like what you truly are — a unified group of people who share a vision.
The Right Social Media Marketing Strategy Can Help You Slay the Competition
- Your competition is getting social, so you should too. Did you know that 91% of brands are using more than one social media platform? This isn’t something you want to fall behind the competition on, because it’s much harder (and more expensive) to play catch up than it is to get in on the game early. If your competitors get to your potential customers first, they’ll earn their loyalty and you’ll have a hard time winning them over. If you’re active and engaging on a variety of networks, you can gain those friends and followers first and your competition will be playing catch up instead of the other way around.
8. The social media marketing arena is a (fairly) level playing field.Some brands may have bigger ad budgets than others, but all companies start off on pretty equal footing when it comes to social media marketing. The people and brands who thrive and go viral are those with the most clever, attention grabbing tactics and the most useful, link worthy content. In short, they’re providing value to their target audience while also showing personality and being entertaining. If you want to get lots of traffic and really increase your sales online, you’re going to have to outwit, outnetwork and outwrite your competition while offering superior products and customer service. Isn’t that what business is all about, anyway?
Hopefully by now you see the importance of getting your company on Social Media. For a free social media audit or a social media Q & A please call us at 912-358-8616 to schedule.[/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]